We at Elite Tax and Financial can file an extension for you and we take $100 deposit that will be applied to your tax preparation fee. Please call the office for us to file extension for you and be prepared to pay the fee.
Clients must contact the office, we do not file extensions for anyone without approval from the taxpayer. The $100 deposit is non refundable after the extension due date (usually October 15th) and therefore considered earned.
If we are asked to file a tax return for a client and you filed the extension yourself or Elite Tax filed it, here are some things to remember:
Elite Tax will need all data by September 15th in order to be able to complete all extensions by the filing deadline.
- If all data is not received by:
- September 15th then $100 will be added to the tax preparation invoice.
- September 22nd additional $50 will be added to the tax preparation invoice,
- September 30th another $50 will be added to the tax preparation invoice,
- October 5th another $50 will be added to the tax preparation invoice,
- finally If data is received after October 5th and before October 15th then the increase in tax prep bill will be an additional $300 on top of currently charged price for tax preparation.
- After October 15th, if Elite Tax collected $100 deposit for the extension then this money will be considered earned and Elite Tax will no longer prepare your taxes.
****** REMEMBER: Extension doesn’t mean extension to pay this is just an extension to file your taxes. You will need to pay any balance due before the original due date of the return to avoid penalties and interest.
North Carolina Extension
You could also file an extension yourself. For North Carolina Extension online please go here to file extension https://electronic-services.dor.nc.gov/wps/portal/d410 and you will complete the online form to file an extension. Printable form not available.
Federal Extension with the Internal Revenue Service
If you would also like to file an extension for the federal then click here to print the form that must be mailed and post marked by April 15th, 2022.
Remember: by filing an extension you will have an extension to file NOT to pay. Please be aware that by filing an extension and if you owe, you will incur "failure to pay penalty" and "interest" if you don't pay what you think you owe.